To ensure residents and family members can have private visitation indoors (resident rooms), and outdoor.
- All visiting parties (resident and guests) regardless of vaccination status are eligible to have indoor visit. Residents in quarantine will be offered and assisted with virtual or window visits, until quarantine is completed.
- IFCC asks that visiting parties involving children be ahead of time, by calling Life Enrichment / Activity Department at 218-384-8404 (Monday – Friday 8-4:30 pm). Use of the community room will be set up in order to maintain the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and maintain the 6’ social distance recommendation.
- In-room visit visitors: Each resident may have 1-2 guests per visit in their room. Parties with more than 2 guests, will need to alternate visit in the room. Delay in visits may occur, if residents have visit in progress. Visitor are to return to the main floor lobby area and wait for next opening, please be patience.
- Visits with more than 2 adult guests at a time. Visit will occur outside or prescheduled by calling 384-8404 (Monday – Friday 8-4:30 pm).
- Larger groups are prescheduled by calling 384-8404 (Monday – Friday 8-4:30 pm).
B. Visiting hours:
- Resident’s guest may visit during waking hours.
C. Visit location:
- Visits may take place in different locations; Resident room, main floor common areas or outside.
- For visits occurring is resident room: Visitors are to proceed directly to resident’s room. If guest is unfamiliar with room location IFCC staff member may escort them to the resident room or alternative 1st floor visit location.
- In-room visits are to be held in the resident’s room only. Alternative visit locations are available and posted.
- Visits outside of resident room: Visitors can assist resident to an alternative visit location, by proceeding directly from resident room to alternative room location.
D. Mask requirements: Vaccinated, nonvaccinated or not fully vaccinated.
- Visitors and residents are required to wear a mask to and from all visit locations. This includes to and from resident rooms, common use areas and to and from outdoor visit locations.
- Resident and guests that are fully vaccinated may remove mask once reaching their designated visit location.
- Residents who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, are encouraged to wear their mask during visits.
E. To and from Resident rooms:
- All visitors will be instructed to proceed directly to and from resident room. Visitors should not walk around different halls in the facility. Rather, go directly to resident’s room.
F. Contact Visits: Resident who are fully vaccinated.
- Skin to skin contact IS allowed, if permission is granted by the resident., and education is provided to all parties.
G. Cleaning of high touch areas.
- General Visit locations will be area will be cleaned between visits and allowed to air dry. These areas include: Library, community room, cedar dining room, cedar fireside living room and barrier unit.
- Instructional signage throughout the facility and proper visitor education on COVID19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions, other applicable facility practices (e.g., use of face covering or mask, specified entries, exits and routes to designated areas, hand hygiene)
Residents who are on 14-day observation precautions or are positive for COVID-19 or have other isolation restrictions will NOT be allowed visits, unless deemed as compassionate care visits. Compassionate care visits are scheduled through Unit Nurse Manages and coordinated with floor nurses.
Visitation can be conducted through different means based on a facility’s structure and residents’ needs, such as in resident rooms, dedicated visitation spaces, outdoors, and for circumstances beyond compassionate care situations. Regardless of how visits are conducted, there are certain core principles and best practices that reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.